- Full analysis of current and desired workflow across the business from product stock through to distribution and handling RMAs
- Full product database including specifications, pricing, promotions and stock levels
- Public and per-dealer sales promotions
- Umbraco CMS with dynamic content fed from the back-end management system
- Integration with Sage for two-way ordering and stock updates
- E-commerce functionality linked to Opayo (Sage Pay)
- User registration and login linked to external CRM
- Where to Buy dealer map linked to product allocations
- Ordering system for dealers in a Dealer Zone as well as for the public through the website
- Spare Parts finder
- Warranty registration tool
- Self-service user account functionality
- Fully responsive UI design
- Optimised for SEO
- Google Analytics and cookie consent code included
Our client Henley Audio, a premier audio equipment distribution company, asked us to design and develop a new management system connected to a new eCommerce website. They wanted to have more control over product specifications and pricing and gain efficiency from software that allows them to follow their own workflows rather than adapt to suit a commercial solution. They wanted the new linked website to better reflect the company’s high end brand image and deliver a better experience for their dealers and direct customers, allowing comparisons and live stock updates linked to either e-commerce or intelligent dealer location depending on the product type. The current system was preventing the company from pricing products and offering dealer incentives and the website did not link products and related information or provide the desire high-end image.
Achorda’s first step was to understand exactly how our client’s business works. As a distribution centre with multiple dealers handling multiple brands, the eCommerce Management System needed to handle an array of unique requirements.
Achorda then planned out the architecture for the new system using wireframes and flow charts to agree on the functionality and the relationships between the various data. Some key examples of the functionality we built into the Management System to streamline our client’s business processes are:
- Dynamic content publishing to a new Umbraco website
- Discount management both to dealers and end-users
- Dealer management including dealer page, discounts, promotions, specials and integration with the website's Where to Buy tool
- Complex product hierarchy with specifications and dealer tier assignments
- Spare part management linked to website
- Product registration and warranty management linked to website
- Orders and RMA management
- Sophisticated product search
- Product reviews management linked to website
- Product comparison management linked to website
- Product-specific FAQs linked to website
- Integrated with Mailchimp CRM
- Integrated with Opayo (Sage Pay) for order processing
- Stock availability management linked to website
- Shipping management linked to website
- Product and imagery import allowing easy maintenance of the product database and web page display
- Business intelligence – sales dashboard
- Business intelligence – RMA dashboard
The management system contains a CRM to control contact details and security access by Henley staff, their dealers and website access by end users.
Achorda began this project by wireframing key screens to nail down the perfect user journey. The client has a unique business model which means that the user journey needed to be thought out very carefully to offer the best possible user experience. Enabling users to search within a single brand, and showcasing each brand individually, was key to providing the client with the solution they needed.
Once the wireframes and bare bones of the website were agreed, a brand new look and feel was needed to lift the brand to its rightful place. A new font, sleek responsive design and modern web animation techniques brought the products to life and showcased the wealth of expertise and skill demonstrated by the client’s team.
Bespoke Umbraco CMS
Because the majority of the website content was to be driven by a new bespoke back end system, the Umbraco CMS had to be adapted to allow it to talk to the new system via API.
Some templates (Umbraco Document Types) were created using the traditional method so that content could be entered manually via the CMS forms. Other templates were created to be driven by dynamic content from the Management System.
Umbraco Macros were created to enable editors to drop dynamic content into static pages wherever it was needed.
E-commerce functionality connected to Opayo (formerly Sage Pay)
Using a 3rd party secure payment gateway by Opayo, e-commerce functionality was added to enable discounts and shipping costs to be calculated at checkout. Automated confirmation emails were also built in to reduce admin burden.
User account self-service functionality
Functionality was added to introduce self-service for website users including:
- Account registration, integrated with Mailchimp CRM
- Manage account details, integrated with Mailchimp CRM
- View and manage orders, integrated with Sage
- Manage communication preferences, integrated with Mailchimp CRM
- Register product warranties
A 'Where to Buy' feature enables the user to find local dealers, view their page within the site and see the brands they stock.
A useful 'spare parts' section makes it easy for customers to find specific parts for their products.
Using the reCAPTURE widget, the website was protected from spam and abuse. The latest version of this widget protects the website without bombarding the user with annoying puzzles to complete when submitting forms. Achorda can help clients set up an account with reCAPTCHA to protect any website we develop.
Google analytics integration
Our client was already using Google Analytics on their previous website to keep track of their website traffic data. Adding Google’s code to their new website meant they had a seamless transfer from one site to the next as the new website went live. Achorda recommends adding this free service to all websites to gain invaluable insights into the performance of individual web pages.
Osana cookie consent widget integration
The Osana cookie consent widget was added to the site code to ensure our client’s compliance with current UK GDPR law. Simple to use and completely customisable, the Osana widget provides the perfect solution to this small but important issue.